Position: Graphics / Creative Designer
Nature and Scope of the Position
A graphic designer produces visual solutions to the communication needs of clients, using a mix of creative skills and commercial awareness.
Designers need imaginative flair, awareness of current fashions in the visual arts, working knowledge of the latest computer packages and an understanding of material costs and time limits, all of which can impact on the design.
Appropriate medium and styles are selected in conjunction with the client's requirements. By providing quality visuals it is hoped the profit margins of the client will increase as potential customers become more informed or persuaded by the graphics.
- meeting clients to discuss their needs;
- interpreting the client's business needs;
- developing design briefs by gathering information and data to clarify design issues;
- thinking creatively to produce new ideas;
- using innovation to redefine a design brief and meet the constraints of cost, time and client;
- multi-tasking: graphic designers often work on more than one design brief at a time;
- using a wide range of media, including photography and computer aided design;
- producing accurate and high quality work;
- contributing ideas and design artwork to the overall brief;
- keeping abreast of developments in IT, particularly design programs.
- working well in a team, with printers, copywriters, photographers, other designers, account executives, website designers and marketing specialists;
- working to tight deadlines.
- Degree/diploma in graphics design or IT
- 2 Years Experience
Desired: Various professional certifications
- 2 Years experience in the same position
- Can work with offset/digital printing equipment
Work related skills
- Good organizational skills
- Aggressive and Result Oriented
- Highly motivated
- Good problem solving skills
- Good leadership qualities and people oriented skills
- Excellent communication skills oral and written
- Must be able to multi task- most likely work on more than 1 project at any given time.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Team player
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong customer relation skills
- Very creative
Complexity and difficulty of the work
- A demanding job that requires high level of accuracy and integrity
The jobholder is expected to perform in a manner consistent with the values and philosophy of “XRX Technologies Ltd”
How to apply
The Graphic designer should post their Resume and Portfolio to email@example.com.
The closing date is 1st March 2011