HEAD OF FACILITIES
Job Ref. LOG 02/2011
Reporting to the Director Logistics, the Head of Facilities is responsible for the management and
maintenance of all KCB Group facilities and properties; including head office and branch infrastructure as
well as managing new construction project contracts.
In addition the role holder will co-ordinate functions of Transport, Mailing, Tea and Water services
provision across the business.
• Develop and implement an organization wide facilities and properties management strategy.
• Develop facilities and properties maintenance and monitoring plans for managing the high quality
standards and appearance of Banks facilities and properties.
• Manage and supervise construction projects.
• Co-ordinate /Manage contracting of services.
• Maintains and enforces all applicable OSHA and relevant regulatory requirements.
• Acts as liaison with local authority as it relates to fire, security, and occupational safety
• Ensure adherence of facilities/properties policies and practices with the Banks green agenda
• Review estimates and designs for all developments
• Manage outsourced services contracts
• Continuously review and develop cost effective refurbishments model
• Manage banks vehicle fleet as well as external providers of transport services such as Taxi
• Oversee mailing, registry and water provision services
• Manage process improvement in disposal of non-core assets of the bank
• Manage performance, training and development of staff within Facilities department
• A Bachelors Degree from a recognized University in a relevant field.
• Possession of a relevant professional qualification e.g. Architectural, Engineering, Quantity
• An MBA will be an added advantage
• A minimum of 5 years professional experience within Property/ Facilities and Building Construction
management, including management of a comprehensive facilities/ buildings maintenance
• Demonstrated experience and track record in Project Management
• Proven record of working with third parties in service delivery and role execution.
• Demonstrated Leadership and People Management skills
• Excellent presentation and Communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills
The above position is a demanding role which the bank will provide a competitive package for the
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please submit
your application with a detailed CV, stating your current position, remuneration level, e-mail address and
telephone contacts quoting the job title/ reference in the subject field to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be considered your application must be received by 5th September 2011.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.