VSF Germany is an international Non Governmental Organization, providing humanitarian aid and
development assistance to pastoralists and vulnerable communities in areas where livestock is of
importance. In the region, VSF Germany implements activities in southern Sudan, Kenya, Somalia, Tanzania
With support in animal health, agriculture, marketing, food safety but also with developing the capacity of
communities and governmental institutions or initiating peace and conflict resolution we work towards food
security and strengthened livelihoods of pastoralist communities. We are looking for a motivated and
committed person to fill the above position. This is a Regional Office position based in Nairobi with
occasional field visits.
• The incumbent will provide financial support to the Projects in the region.
• Review vouchers and invoices in order to verify that the commitments are properly incurred; items
claimed are in accordance with an agreements, actually delivered or performed before
• Receive and review expenditure reports from field offices for accuracy and completeness. Ensure
that advances to field offices are liquidated and reconciled on time
• Supervise the management and handling of petty cash accounts, including field petty cash
• Posting of transactions (LPOs, invoices, receipts, payments) into the computerized accounting system
• Monthly reconciliation of ledger accounts, creditor statements and bank accounts
• Inventory management in collaboration with logistics department.
• Monitor multi donor budgets.
• Facilitate & participate in audit processes.
• Any other job related duty as may be assigned by the Line Manager.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills required
• University Degree in Finance or Business studies and CPA K
• Proficiency in Office Computer packages (word, excel) and experience in specialized accounting
• Knowledge of Navision will be an added advantage.
• 5 years minimum experience in finance.
• Experience in a humanitarian or other INGO and understanding of international Donor regulations
especially EC, ECHO and USAID is desirable.
• Previous field level experience is desirable.
• Good communication both oral and written.
• A team player with organizational and planning skills.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit an application letter and CV to: postal address or via
email address given below. Indicate on the subject the Job Title. Applicants will be assessed on a
continuous basis. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. Closing date for receiving
applications is 5th September 2011, on or before 16.00hrs.
P. O. Box 25653-00603,