The Kenya Medical Women’s Association is a non-governmental organization that seeks to uplift the health
status of women, adolescents and children in Kenya.
This is by enhancing the capacity and potential of medical women to respond through determined action
involving advocacy, information and service provision.
Main Job Purpose:
Responsible for planning, structuring, leading and executing KMWA projects and activities
This includes mobilizing resources and managing the programme team consisting of project management
Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage the programme’s budget on behalf of the KMWA council, monitoring the expenditures and
costs against delivered and realized benefits as the programme progresses.
• Plan the programme and monitor its overall progress, resolving issues and initiating corrective action
• Management and analysis of issues
• Build, manage and motivate the programme team.
• Ensure the delivery of new products or services from the projects is to the appropriate levels of quality,
on time and within budget, in accordance with the programme plan.
• Be responsible for the quality assurance and overall integrity of the programme.
• Manage third party contributions to the programme as appropriate.
• Communicate with all stakeholders in a timely and reasonable manner.
• Manage both the dependencies and the interfaces between projects.
• Manage the risks to the programme’s successful outcome.
• Report progress of the programme at regular intervals to the KMWA council and the development
Skills/ Attributes Required
• A minimum of 3 years experience in Project/ Programme Management using leading methodologies
• Experience of managing multiple parties and achieving desirable goals
• The ability to manage people
• Understand budgetary control and resource allocation procedures.
• Ability to create a sense of community amongst the disparate members of the programme teams
• Holder of a Master’s degree.
• At least 3 years working experience with programs.
• Good understanding of donor reporting, budgeting, program planning and reporting.
• Good advocacy, writing, organizational, fundraising and interpersonal skills
• Experience in working with health issues especially in a professional body/ organization
• Self starter with good initiative
• Experience with handling multiple relationships with donors and other stakeholders
Deadline: - 30th September, 2011
How to apply
Interested candidates should submit their applications by registered mail, courier service, email or dispatch
together with Curriculum Vitae, copies of both academic and professional certificates and testimonials, names
and addresses of three referees, and day time telephone/ cell phone numbers to:-
Kenya Medical Women’s Association
P.O. Box 49877 – 00100,
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
The Kenya Medical Women’s Association will only respond to those candidates who strictly meet the set
Female candidates are especially encouraged to apply