Icipe is an Intergovernmental organisation funded by government aid agencies, UN organisations and private foundations to carry out research and training in environmentally sound and sustainable management of arthropods for improving health and agricultural productivity in the tropics. icipe has approximately 300 staff to support its research and capacity building programmes, located at various sites in Kenya, Ethiopia and Sudan.
IT JOBS IN KENYA-ICIPE
icipe requires the services of a young and dynamic Information and Communications Technology Manager to head its ICT Unit at the Centre. icipe’s infrastructure consists of a campus-wide LAN of CAT5e/CAT6, Fiber &Wireless Access Points, Cisco Routers, HP Switches, HP, DELL& Apple Servers and a Nortel telephone PABX.
They are operated by Microsoft windows servers &clients, Apple macintosh, Unix server, Microsoft Exchange 2007 e-mail system, Microsoft Office, a Helpdesk system, Financial & Administration systems and Intranet/ Extranet.
The suitable candidate should have:
* A masters degree in computer Science or a related field
* Five years hands on management experience at a senior level in an ICT department/Unit
* Experience in managing a networking environment based on Microsoft server technologies (Windows server and Exchange Server)
* Should be knowledgeable in supporting heterogeneous network clients (Microsoft, Apple-Macintosh and UNIX/Linux)
* Should be knowledgeable in supporting Microsoft development technologies such as NET and SQL server 2000/2005.
Reporting to the Director of Finance and Administration, the successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations at icipe’s Duduville and ITOC Mbita campuses.
Specifically he/she will develop and monitor the implementation of an appropriate ICT strategy that will support the current and future ICT needs of the Centre.
This will entail among other things:
* Formulating and implementing policy guidelines for the development and maintenance of ICT systems in conformity with the Centre’s overall policy.
* Developing or acquiring, installing and maintaining systems for various types of applications used in the Centre.
* Providing leadership and management of the ICT team.
* Developing and maintaining standards and advise on the procurement of ICT equipment
* Developing and managing the ICT Unit’s budget
* Providing leadership in the development of information and communication technology related projects.
A competitive compensation package that provides among others, medical, Group life and accident insurance cover, education allowance for children as well as an off-shore pension scheme and leave passages will be offered to the right candidate.
Based in Nairobi Kenya the appointment will initially be for two years, renewable.
Applications will be accepted up to 23 April 2011, or until the position is filled, whichever is the earlier.
Only applications of shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.
Please send an application with a detailed CV and names and addresses of 3 referees including e-mail addresses, fax numbers, and remuneration package to firstname.lastname@example.org or:
The Human Resources Department
icipe – African Insect Science for Food and Health
P.O. Box 30772-00100
icipe is an Equal Opportunity Employer