Kenya Plant Health Inspectorate Service (KEPHIS) is a state Corporation in the Agricultural Sector and
would like to invite applications from qualified Kenyans who are computer literate and under the age of
40 years for the following job positions.
Candidates from North Eastern Kenya are encouraged to apply.
Major duties and responsibilities:
• Working with management to assess institutional risks and developing an audit plan that
considers the results of the risk assessment.
• Evaluation and verification of final accounts before presentation to the Board of Directors.
• Evaluating institutional controls to determine their effectiveness and efficiency (systems audit).
• Special audit on specific sections out of management requests.
• Evaluating the budget and assess overall effectiveness to the organization.
• Coordinating work with external auditors, for compliance.
• Determining the level of compliance with internal policies and procedures and government
• Recommending improvements to controls, operations and risk mitigation resolutions.
• Performing management advisory services as requested by the management.
• Cost and/ or management accounting.
• Preparation of budgets.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce (Accounting), or be in possession of a degree from a recognized
university majority in fields relevant to the Accounting Function such as Finance, Economics,
Mathematics, Statistics etc.
• CPA II or any other comparable equivalent.
• Three (3) years relevant experience.
Applicants meeting above qualification should send their applications giving full details of their age,
qualifications, experience, present and expected remuneration, full contact address including daytime
telephone number, detailed C.V., copies of certificates and testimonials and contact details of three
Applications should indicate position applied for including the reference number and addressed to:
P. O. Box 49592-00100
So as to reach not later than 7th October 2011
NB: Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.