Kenya Plant Health Inspectorate Service (KEPHIS) is a state Corporation in the Agricultural Sector and
would like to invite applications from qualified Kenyans who are computer literate and under the age of
40 years for the following job positions.
Candidates from North Eastern Kenya are encouraged to apply.
Major duties and responsibilities:
• Carry out field layout for National Performance Trial (NPT) and Distinctness Uniformity and
Stability (DUS) tests.
• Carry out candidate variety randomization
• Carry out data analysis for both DUS and NPT
• Coordinate the data analysis with plant characters
• Provide reports on varietal comparisons for purposes of official release
• Receive and evaluate the NPT applications from crop Breeders/crop Breeding Institutions
• Masters Degree in Bio-statistics/ Statistics with strong quantitative research background.
• Bachelors of Science in Mathematics/ Statistics or Biological sciences.
• Three (3) years relevant experience.
• Statistical computing skills, including proficiency in, SAS and GENSTAT and Microsoft Office.
• Ability to write scientific publications/ reports.
Applicants meeting above qualification should send their applications giving full details of their age,
qualifications, experience, present and expected remuneration, full contact address including daytime
telephone number, detailed C.V., copies of certificates and testimonials and contact details of three
Applications should indicate position applied for including the reference number and addressed to:
P. O. Box 49592-00100
So as to reach not later than 7th October 2011
NB: Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.