Our client is a global multinational Food & Beverage company, worldwide leader in most of its category portfolio. With global or local specific brands and products, the core focus is to meet the diverse needs and preferences of consumers all over the world.
Operating in Africa for more than 80 years, the Company has 5 markets within, the Equatorial African Region being amongst them. The regional operations are co-ordinated from Nairobi, Kenya to offer shared service across countries in Central, East, part of Southern Africa including the Island markets and Horn of Africa.
With this regional expertise, the Company aims at enhancing the business potential of this region, which is seen as an important source of future growth, and bring it up to the level of performance that the Company experiences in other regions of Africa and the world.
By reinforcing business and product categories focus, making operations more efficient, developing cross fertilization or enhancing peoples’ knowledge transfer and empowerment, this shared service expertise is expected to accelerate growth and meet the company’s high ambition for the Region.
Our client continues to be viewed as one of the leading global companies in Corporate Social Responsibility, particularly in the developing world. Being a committed leader in environmental performance, they ensure that natural resources are preserved and that waste management enjoys much attention in all operations worldwide. The company is an equal-opportunity employer with robust talent management policies, and systems. They value and reward individual and team contributions to business results.
The Regional Compensation & Benefit Manager will be a key strategic position in Human Resource function and will be tasked with managing the compensation and benefit function in 20 countries within the Equatorial Africa region. The key responsibility will be to tailor make the compensation and benefits strategies and policies for the region according to Corporate HR Guidelines and local challenges in different countries with the aim of attracting, retaining and recognizing talent while considering cost analysis, marketplace trends and business strategies.
* Develop and execute HR rewards strategy through a Total Reward Policy aligned with the Corporate Remuneration Policy that ensures competitiveness, equity, maximizes and employee choice;
* Provide reward packages that are relevant in creating a high performing work culture that facilitates and supports organizations’ business goals and initiatives;
* Oversee competitive rewards by undertaking salary surveys, manage annual remuneration review and define salary grades and benefits for each country;
* Define various employee benefit packages keeping in view the local practices and tax law;
* Manage variable pay through consultative creation of sales incentive schemes, coordination of short-term bonus process, coaching and monitoring managers in using variable pay strategies;
* Oversee for the 20 countries;
* Promote employee understanding on the compensation and benefit aspects and ensure appropriate dissemination of information on via appropriate communication channels as stipulated by the company.
* or Commerce degree in Human Resource or a related field from a recognized university;
* Higher diploma in Human Resource or any Compensation & Benefit certification will be an added advantage;
* Minimum 6-7 years in of which 3 years should be in a compensation and benefit function, preferably with an FMCG background;
* Good working knowledge and experience of the employment labour law and tax law;
* Highly numerate with a strong analytical ability coupled with sound business and financial acumen;
* Working knowledge of MS Office / SAP;
* Excellent people management skills, with ability to achieve results through others;
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with good negotiation skills.
How to apply:
Send your application including a cover letter indicating your desire to work with our client; a detailed CV highlighting relevant experience, details of current and expected salary, a daytime phone contact, email address, and the names of three professional referees by close of business .
P O Box 6416, Nairobi, GPO 00100
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Please note that we do not charge fees for receiving or processing job applications. Visit our website for more vacancies.